- 150 shredded coconut
- 2 spoons coconut flour
- 2 spoons stevia, or 1 spoon erythritol or raw honey
- 250 g almond paste
- 2 spoons of cocoa powder
- Combine all your ingredients in a high-speed blender, food processor or mixing bowl and blend/mix until a thick dough remains.
- Place the dough in the freezer until it becomes hard enough to roll the balls.
- Take it out of the freezer and lightly wet your hands and form small balls. Place the balls on a plate and freeze for a couple of hours.
- While the chocolate coconut balls are firming up, prepare your chocolate of choice by melting it. Moving quickly, remove the coconut balls and dip each one in the chocolate until evenly coated. Repeat until all the balls are covered in chocolate and refrigerate until firm.
*You can replace the coconut flour with ground flaxseed
* You can replace the almond paste with pinda butter, cashew butter or other nuts butter.
*If the dough is too hard you can add a bit of coconut or oat milk to make it more smoothly,
*You can cover them with coconut, or make a chocolate sauce mixing some MCT oil with cocoa powder.
* 100% refined sugar-free sweeteners- Pure maple syrup, agave nectar, honey (not strictly vegan), coconut nectar.